Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fitting it all in.

Where does the time go? I am guessing that it is an issue with just about all triathletes. Where do you fit in all of your workouts and still have some semblance of a life? I tried getting up at 4:30am and getting a run in before work...but I have to be in at 7:00 am...........and I am most definitely not a morning person. I try to get an hour in right after work....from about 5:00 - 6:00 pm.....but that is when the kiddo has to be picked up or taken somewhere. So here is my plan....Half IM on intense if not immense training. I am doing 6 workouts a week. Some are at some weird times and some are back to back with others.

Saturday mornings is for shooting. It is a family activity to go to the range for matches. I am not willing to give that up....so it is a long(ish) run Saturday afternoon. Sunday mornings I try to get out on the bike for a couple of hours at least......try that is. Mondays is a lunch time swim and bike combo. Tuesday is quality run day. An hour or so with intensity of some type. Wednesday is long swim day. I am trying to get over 3000m right now with longer repeats. Thursday is quality bike day. Right now its an hour or so at tempo with a few jumps. Time change comes March 9th (yeah!) So I can start getting a little more time in....

Friday.....well I just veg. And maybe go to dinner with the family. How do you fit it all in?

3 comments:

Bones said...

Hey Todd,

A couple of years ago I did Soma on very little training, like 10 hours per week with threee hours of that being a long run.

Good for you making family time

Podium quest said...

Seems your putting family first & fitting as much training as you can. I think you are a smart man with his priorities straight.

Podium quest said...

You still alive? Doing ok man?